The Partnership is a federally funded organization and is bound by the Official Languages Act. As such, its communications must often be available in both official languages, English and French. The Partnership produces a variety of written material, including, but not limited to:
- corporate documents such as annual reports, corporate brochures, etc.;
- website content;
- event and workshop materials (e.g., slide decks, agendas);
- research reports (including graphs, charts and technical content);
- financial documents;
- procurement and legal documents; and
- media releases and other external communications.
The Partnership is looking for Proponents that are capable of revising scientific/technical documents for health policy-makers and health care professionals, as well as public-facing materials for a lay audience. This also includes smaller projects with quick turnaround time, such as the revision of emails or letters.
This competitive process will result in successful Proponents becoming prequalified vendors for Revision Services. When a need for Revision Services arises, the Partnership will contact the prequalified vendor of its choice to complete the required work. Prequalified vendors are not guaranteed a volume of work. The scope of each request and deadline for completion will be mutually agreed upon in advance by both the Partnership and the successful Proponent(s).
The Partnership is looking to prequalify freelance/independent revisers to provide the following services on demand for a period of three (3) years, less a day, from April 2018 to March 2021, with an option in favour of the Partnership to renew and extend the arrangement for a maximum of two additional one-year periods up to March 31, 2023:
- Bilingual revision. To revise French translations against source English documents. This would also entail an in-depth comparison of the original text and the translation, ensuring concordance of both the form and content.
- Unilingual revision (French). To revise French documents, including improvement of a text by making grammatical or stylistic corrections or by suggesting solutions to make the text easier to read and understand.
- Proofreading (French). To proofread French documents, videos or websites after the layout is finished.
- Be able to work with multiple file formats such as, but not limited to, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF. Receive HTML, XML, InDesign, audio files, video files.
Proponents should reference this RFSQ number (SQ341-2018-01) in the subject line of their correspondence.
Awarded to Michèle Campeau and Marie-Josée Drouin
February 27, 2018
Proposal Submission Deadline:
Deadline for proponent enquiries: Tuesday, March 6, 2018, no later than 5 p.m. ET (Toronto local time)
Deadline for issuing addenda and responses to proponent enquiries: Thursday, March 8, 2018
Proposal submission deadline: Thursday, March 15, 2018 no later than 3 p.m. ET (Toronto local time)
Assignment for shortlisted proponents: March 26, 2018 (week of)
Proponents Enquires e-mail: