Call for applications
Board Member Non-Government Representative – Atlantic Region (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador)
Who we are
General responsibilities of board members
- Prepare for, attend, and actively participate in Board meetings (at least four meetings per year in cities across Canada) as well as participate on one of the sub-committees reporting to the Board
- Monitor the Partnership’s performance
- Keep informed about Atlantic Canada regional activities relevant to the Partnership.
Term(s) of office: Directors are elected for a three-year term and may sit for a maximum of three consecutive terms.
With a pan-Canadian mandate, the Partnership must rely on the perspectives and voices, of all people in Canada. We know that better governance is dependent on a diversity of ideas that represent Canada’s diversity. Therefore, we are looking for an individual who understands the interdependence between good governance and engaging broadly, to meet the diverse needs of people in Canada. As such we encourage and welcome all applications, including from Indigenous Peoples, racial and ethnic minorities, women, Persons with disabilities and those within the LGBTQ2S+ community.
Ideally, candidates interested in serving as the Board Member Non-Government Representative – Atlantic Region (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador) should:
- Have demonstrated ability to understand and contribute to business processes, including financial and strategic planning, in a meaningful way
- Be knowledgeable about cancer and cancer control
Past experience serving on a board and knowledge of the workings of a board from a good governance perspective will be considered assets.
To apply, send a letter of interest and resume to Victoria Faric, Board Liaison firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, May 6, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. A final selection will be made in June 2022.
April 8, 2022
May 6, 2022