Highlights from the 2021/22 annual report
Read about recent key achievements
The Partnership’s annual report—Focused on the future—outlines how the Partnership continued to design, fund and implement cancer care initiatives with partners to deliver on the priorities and actions of the Canadian Strategy for Cancer Control (the Strategy) and highlights key achievements from the 2021/22 fiscal year and priorities for the year ahead.
2021/22 Year in review
Current initiatives are advancing the priorities and actions of the Strategy, prioritizing health equity and supporting pandemic recovery.
With support from the Partnership, partners led the following equity-advancing initiatives in 2021/22:
- Taking action on self-determined priorities: Developing and implementing First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples-specific, self-determined cancer strategies and priorities
- Implementing Canada’s action plan to eliminate cervical cancer: Engaging with communities with lower HPV immunization rates to remove barriers to vaccination and planning for HPV primary screening for cervical cancer, including self-sampling in some jurisdictions
- Working to increase screening rates for colorectal cancer: Partnering with community leaders and organizations in communities experiencing inequities to increase participation in colorectal cancer screening programs
- Making lung cancer screening accessible: Working with First Nations, Inuit and Métis and communities at high risk for lung cancer to ensure that lung cancer screening programs are developed to address their needs and include integrated smoking cessation support
- Facilitating pandemic recovery: Identifying and implementing innovative strategies to reduce pandemic screening backlogs while contributing to increased health equity over the longer term
- Supporting new approaches to cancer care: Planning for the implementation of innovative models of care that support equitable access, experience and outcomes, while addressing health human resource challenges exacerbated by the pandemic.
A fuller picture of these initiatives and other accomplishments with partners in 2021/22 is presented in Focused on the future.
Download the Annual Report 2021/22: Focused on the Future.